Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful for the many thinks to be thankful about


Thanksgiving was this past Thursday. We had a great time!  At the end of the day, we (Pernell, the girls and I) were on our bed, and for an hour, we went around talking about what we were thankful for.  The first thing that both Kaylee and Sam said they were thankful for? Clara. That made my heart warm.


What am I thankful for? Many things. 

My girls. They are each so different and add so much to my life. I love them so very, very much. They have made me a much better person than I could have ever become on my own.

My husband. He is incredible and I love him so! Over the past couple months, everything has been hectic and a tad chaotic. He has stood strong and picked up the slack were I have left it.

My sisters. I love each and everyone of them unconditionally.

My parents. They are amazing, caring, talented people. They have and continue to be the rock in my life and lead by example. I love them.

My work.  I am very blessed to have this fantastic job. Great people, great place to work, I love what I do. Not many people can say that.

My Country. Land of the free, home of the brave. I am so thankful for all those who keep it that way. 

My Church. I am thankful for the knowledge and gift of the atonement. I am thankful for the friendships I have been blessed with. 

A friend of mine passed away last night. She has been on my mind a lot the past month. She has been dealt with more trials than anyone I know, and more than anyone deserves.  Never once did she ever complain, frown or let on if she was upset.  Her non-wavering positiveness was truly a humbling example to anyone she came into contact with. She always.. always looked for the silver lining, and found it, no matter how thin it was. Cancer ultimately took her from this life. I know she is much, much happier now.

I am thankful for the silver linings in life and I am going to do my best to find them in each situation. 

No comments: