Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wood flooring anyone?

Please let me introduce you to our new bottle of syrup. Just opened it the night before. Heated up in all its glory, it is delicious! 
Hold on.... what is this? It is EMPTY??? There must be a reason why. Perhaps..... a story? You guessed correctly! Let me recap this morning's events............

Picture a nice, semi-quiet morning. The older girls got off to school with no problems, arguments or fights. A breakfast of eggs and turkey bacon freshly cooked and waiting at the table for Pernell to come home from work. Clara is in a pleasant mood, hair shade a nice blonde-ish color and the dang dog is calm. It is nice. It is calm. It is peaceful. The idea morning.  Pernell came home and we enjoyed a nice breakfast. Clara finished first and went to play. It was all nice. It was all calm. It was all quiet.

.............. too quiet (as like so many of our stories begin).


Then Ms. Clara came walking in, hair more of a red tint. We notice she has dark streaks of SOMETHING covering her pajamas..... and hands..... and feet..... and freshly washed hair. Daisy followed her in, nose all....... wet and sticky......

I instantly jumped up and ran into the kitchen to see what damage had been caused. Looking around, everything was in its typical order, except the pantry was open. I got scared. I moved to the family room, where there is carpet. I see the above mentioned bottle of syrup tipped over on the carpet. Closer observation showed large puddles of syrup all over the family room! Out of frustration I flew my hands in the air, hitting the fast moving ceiling fan, which caused me to grab my hand in pain and flop down on the couch, only to land right smack dab in the middle of another pile of syrup that had been poured out on the couch. I may or may not have yelped a high-pitched scream at this point.

Pernell's child had scaled the pantry and helped herself to the bottle of syrup on the top shelf!!!
I ran upstairs and showered, then came down to see the dog throwing up all sorts of syrup and who-knows-what-else-her-partner-in-crime-had-fed-her!!!!!

Off to work I went. Nice, quiet, calm work.

In other news, we're looking at installing wood flooring.

That was my morning.... how was yours?




No comments: