Saturday, May 7, 2011

Silence

My sister Emily is in town (hmmm, that story is probably a whole other post, but let me give you the readers digest version.... they were evacuated from Japan after the big earthquake in March, ended up there, her oldest son was sick, went to the doctor, ultrasounds, cat scans, more doctors and it turns out he only has one kidney and it isn't working too hot. You can follow their adventure HERE) and so 'the cousins' have been playing a lot. I love having them here because it is nice for my girls to really get fun times with their cousins.

Anyway, when it gets quiet in our house, usually that means the two older girls are in the playroom doing a project or something and Clara is asleep. Yesterday was no exception. Well, except there was an exception, one of my sweet nephews was here too. And it was quiet. After a while it dawned on me that... boys don't typically get this quiet unless they are up to no good. I am regretting not taking a picture, but I found around 9 paper plates all over the playroom floor with paint in them (miraculously not one drop of paint landed on the carpet), glitter was poured EVERYWHERE, painted, glittery rocks were on the floor and Indy and Sam were both on top of the desks creating artwork. I should have taken a
picture, but I didn't. I am sure I will have another photo opt while the cousins are here.
This makes me realize how different boys and girls are.


We are having fun with the cousins and don't want them to leave. It is so nice to have one my sisters near by. We can drop our kids off at each other's houses on a whim, go shopping, all that fun stuff together. Here is a picture of Charlotte (Emily's daughter) and Clara. Neither are impressed, but man, we had to do a Costco run!!! HAHHAA!!!

No comments: