Thursday, January 26, 2012

So... busy...

I need to take a minute to talk about Clara. Our #3. She is funny.  She is happy. And she is BUSY.

Tonight, for instance.

I looked over into the kitchen and there she was, emptying the dishwasher (yay for an early start!). We went over there and put the dishwasher up.  We look back over and she's moved a chair to the dishwasher and was climbing on the counter. So moved the chair. And her.
Clara came over to where I was sitting on the couch. The lights started to flick, and I see that she was pulling the plug out and in, giggling. Then she went to the fire place and started throwing the wood pieces around. After we stopped that and started cleaning it up, we blinked, and the nicely folded clothes in the laundry basket were flying every which way. *deep breath*

We removed her from that. She found my purse and pulled out the iPad, which she can navigate around far better than anyone else in this household.  I just deleted 50 pictures of the floor and ceiling.

Clara then burps. And says, "EWWW DAD!!!".

Suddenly there is a calm.  And quiet. I turn and look. She's standing on a chair which she has pushed up to our hutch, where she quickly grabbed a hammer, said, "HI MOM!" and started hammering the hutch. Ack! We removed her from THAT.

It is times for family prayer. Clara has disappeared. Or has she? Suddenly the microwave is running. Culprit found! Family prayer said. Clara in bed.

We love Clara, she keeps us on our toes and laughing!

PS... I should also mention this happened over the course of 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Tina and girls said...

and I remember you thinking Sam was busy! Looks like she was just preparing you for Clara to come along! LOL

Travis and Heather said...

I am fairly confident Ms. Clara and my Jay bear would get along quite nicely. I feel ya!
So good to catch up with your family via blog. I feel like I barely know any of Travis's cousins and it is lovely to enjoy some of your good laughs and life remedy's!